Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blast From The Past - Wyatt's Cafeteria Baked Eggplant Casserole


I have been craving this old dish out of the clear blue. My grandmother used to take me to Wyatt's Cafeteria when I was a little boy. I always thought it was cornbread dressing like we had at Thanksgiving and Christmas (or else I would not have eaten it!) Perhaps its the kid thing with Cheesy dishes but whatever it is a wonderful dish that I have not had in at least 20 years. What an awesome thing Google is. I tossed in "Wyatt's Cafeteria Eggplant" and there it was! I have a tough crowd here at work and use them as my guinea pigs and knew this one would be a very tough sell. Being a texture thing with several, I piled on an extra dose of cheese (knowing that would do the trick.) To my surprise everyone loved it and it was gone. If your looking for something totally different - This is not like any eggplant you have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment