Monday, May 10, 2010

Elvis Presley's Favorite Pound Cake

Since Elvis turned into quite the foodie in his later years I was intrigued when I ran across this recipe.  I think we all love Pound Cakes and I have experimented with dozens of recipes.  It was most interesting in that it has 7 eggs (a record number), 3 cups of cake flour sifted 3 times, 3 cups of sugar, and a whole cup of heavy whipping cream.  Even more interesting was the order of putting it all together.  It called for beating the batter for 8 minutes at medium high speed and putting it into a cold oven.  I had sworn that I was going for no more pound cake recipes as I had 3 that were my favorites and that it wasn't possible to improve on them.  Well I was wrong.  Ricotta Pound Cake now takes 2nd chair to this one.  It was delicious and had an amazing texture, very dense and moist.  While reviewers kept saying it had too much sugar I disagree.  I loved it and made it exactly as the recipe called for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment